Friday, March 28, 2008

A Very Lazy Day in Saigon

It's very easy to justify being lazy in Saigon--it's just too darn hot to anything besides order another beer. So on my second day, I slept in late, eventually got some pho ga (chicken noodle soup) and decided to head towards the Museum of Vietnamese History. Thing is, the Museum takes a long lunch break and there was no way I was going to get there before noon. So I wandered over slowly and when I ran into Regina Coffee near the post office, I decided to do my duty to my paternal grandmother and go in. I'm not actually sure how long I stayed there--juice turned into lunch, turned into writing in my journal and then reading an old issue of The New Yorker. But eventually I got over to the museum, and got dragged into another student survey. But I was lazy and didn't feel like fighting the rush hour traffic again (the day before I ended up walking home at 5PM--motorbikes six abreast, then more driving on the sidewalk!), so headed home early.

No comments: