Wednesday, March 26, 2008

HK Park

My first two days in Hong Kong were rainy and overcast, but the third day was sunny and perfectly hot. So I trekked out to Hong Kong Island to visit the Park. First I had to climb up a series of precarious, calf-torturing steps (found out later that I could have entered through a walkway/mall that had air conditioning and escalators). Once I finally got up there, I sat by the fish pond for awhile (pictures coming) and went to the Museum of Teaware. I don't have any special fondness for teaware unless it is holding an especially nice tea, but if I ever get the chance to open a museum dedicated to one of my esoteric interests (Renaissance feminism, Marilyn Monroe studies, lesbian artists), I'd like to think that others would visit, so I try to pre-pay the favor.
Then I went to the aviary, although I'm not sure why. I never see any BIRDS at an aviary, just hear them. And I think of Hitchcock. At the very end, however, I see this big, mean blue bird with a crazy tuft of feathers on its head looking at the little girl in front of me like she was lunch.

No comments: