Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hong Kong Waterfront

Hong Kong, like NYC, is not a particularly beautiful city. Paris or Rome, you walk around and think "wow"--Hong Kong, you just worry about getting where you want to go. That said, the skyline is impressive.
On my beautiful sunny day, I wandered back to Kowloon and had every intention of going to the Arts Museum, but instead sat on the steps outside the Arts Museum and got slightly sunburnt and read a book. I was approached for three different surveys being administered by students of varying English-language capacities. One group of particular chatty girls wanted to know where all my friends were. "I don't have any friends in Hong Kong." They were horrified. I tried to explain in a few different ways that I don't actually live in Hong Kong and I've never been there before, so not having friends there doesn't make me a total loser. They left, pitying me.

No comments: